By default, neither telnet server nor client is installed in Vista. This is very easy to fix.
1. Go to start, Control Panel, and open Programs and Features.
2. Click on the "Turn Windows features on or off" hyperlink.
3. In the Windows Features dialog box that appears, check one or both of the Telnet boxes, depending on your needs.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Do you get tired of typing jumbled characters to post a comment? This feature is supposed to keep blogs from getting spammed with advertising comments, but in my experience, this doesn't typically happen unless the blog has been left dormant and without updates for quite some time. If you have a Blogspot blog and you'd like to disable this feature for your readers, it's easy.
- When on your Blogger dashboard, go to "Settings". Click on the "Comments" tab.
- Scroll to near the bottom, and disable the word verification requirement.